Saturday 8 September 2012

WTW #4 Life on Mars

Life on Mars is another of those brilliant British series. I don't know what I am more in love with, the dialogues or the music. I cannot decide, but apparently for me it's a combination of both. The series consists of two seasons and every season has eight episodes.




After a traumatic brain injury due to a car accident in 2006 DCI Sam Tyler awakes in Manchester in 1973.
There is a quote from Sam Tyler (John Simm) at the beginning of every episode. "My name is Sam Tyler. I had an accident, and I woke up in 1973. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home." (source)
This quote sums the series up very nicely. Sam Tyler was trained in the 21st century, Gene Hunt was not, surprisingly tension is bound to occur. :)

The theme song is David Bowie's 'Life on Mars'.



You'll also recognize Elton John's 'Rocketman', Mungo Jerry's 'In the Summertime', or Uriah Heeps 'Traveller in Time'. That brings me to the thought, I really need to look up the soundtrack.

To be honest, I was very sad to get to know that there won't be a third series. BUT they did kind of a sequel called 'Ashes to Ashes'.

Here are the links to buy Sherlock on amazon, German version, UK version, US version.

Have a nice weekend and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment