Saturday 1 September 2012

WTW #3 Sherlock

There are only two possibilites to explain the fact that you are not familiar with the new BBC series Sherlock. Either you've been hiding in a cave or - no, I stand corrected, that's the only possibillity and there are no excuses. It's brilliant and I'm currently waiting for season 3 to be filmed - I cannot wait to see the next episode! Perhaps I should have started by telling you Sherlock is a short series with so far two seasons, consisting of three episodes each.




Please meet Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman in the role of Dr. John Watson! These two are brilliant together and have such great energy, it's absolutely hilarious to watch them solve their cases. Those cases are based on the ones by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle but transferred to the 21st century, including iphones, eyes in the fridge and Watson's online blog.

Both seasons end with a cliffhanger which is another reason I cannot wait for Sherlock to continue. In the meantime here are some pictures! Woot!


Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes) - source


Martin Freeman (Dr. John Watson) - source



Rupert Graves (DI Lestrade) - source


Mark Gatiss (Mycroft Holmes) - source


Andrew Scott (Jim Moriarty) - source


Has anybody of you seen Sherlock so far? How did you like it? Tell me, please!

I'll close my rambling with a tumblr image of exactly how I feel after the last episode of season two 'The Reichenbach Fall', so very sad!




On a sidenote, did you hear there is going to be an American remake of Sherlock Holmes called 'Elementary' with Lucy Liu as Joan Watson? I have very, extremely mixed feelings about that.

Here are the links to buy Sherlock on amazon, German version (Season One / Season Two), UK version.

Have a great weekend and watch Sherlock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment