Saturday 18 August 2012

What To Watch #1 Inception

As everybody who knows me can tell you I am absolutely crazy about movies. Not just recent ones but although old classics. I decided to do a new weekly (at least that's the plan) series and introduce you to some of my favourite movies. To be honest it was really difficult for me to pick the first movie I'd like to write about - should I go with an old classic or rather a current one? So without further ado here is my first choice.




Compelling plot? - Check
Great action scenes? - Check
Handsome men? - Check
British accent? - Check

What more do you ask for?

Summarized, Inception is a movie about dream alteration. You can steal details from a subject's (=person's) mind, aka extraction, and you can implant thoughts into a person's mind, aka inception. Extraction is relatively easy, inception is not. Cobb (Leonardo di Caprio) is the best known extractor and puts together his team to do a very complicated inception. This team consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), Eames (Tom Hardy), Yusuf (Dileep Rao), Saito (Ken Watanabe), and Ariadne (Ellen Page). Of course everybody has their own motives to do such a risky job ...

Oh, I almost forgot. Marion Cotillard stars in the role of Mal, Cobb's crazy dead wife ...



My catch phrase is Eames' "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling!", that one always cracks me up.



As a side note: Did anybody see "The Dark Knight Rises"? It's like an Inception reunion, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy and director Christopher Nolan! You may be surprised but I love both movies!

When you've seen the movie, please watch this awesome how it should have ended version of Inception.



Here are the links to buy Inception on amazon, German version, UK version, US version.

I was told we'll be suffering a heat wave this weekend. Accordingly my plans for this weekend are rather simple and include a very early morning run along the river, ice cream, champagne cocktails, and Wuthering Heights (the version starring Tom Hardy)!

Bottoms up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment